Yes, it’s a miracle.
I did not open my computer for 68 hours.
I needed a break (hence a couple days without a blog entry) and needed to spend some time with my wife and family.
And it was wonderful. I challenge you to pick a 24 hour period in the near future and “disconnect” for a little bit. Very, very refreshing.
OK, to be honest, there were some specific reasons it was easier done than said:
– Jennie and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary, went to dinner and saw The Dark Knight
– I took Ella to gymnastics camp
– I finally ran all those errands that were building up
– I painted a wall in our kitchen
– Jennie and I watched “The Ruins” on pay-per-view (that’s $4.99 I’ll never get back….)
– Came to church and played music for the Family Ministries kick-off celebration on Saturday morning
– Finished painting the wall in the kitchen (that puppy took 5 coats – yes, count them – FIVE coats of paint!!!!!)
– Played with the kids (including Ella’s favorite new game, “The Bad Wolf and the Princess”, where she dresses up in a princess dress and I chase her around the house with a growly voice while wearing a dress-up headband. Exhausting.)
Anyhoo, here’s a few cool things I saw along the way…
Gymnastics Camp (yep, we were early…)
Mini-Grocery Cart: This thing’s like a grocery sports car!!!
Speaking of sports car, check out this Shelby Cobra that was at the Kroger parking lot…
Cooper wants to get on the ladder and paint, too.
The Angry Wolf:
I should have used the good camera to do this color justice – it looks a little washed out with the iPhone camera…
(And I’m sure that Jennie wants you to know that we will complete the room with a new window treatment and some more art on the right hand side)
And I’ll get the Sunday Summary out soon, I promise.
As soon as the ibuprofen kicks in….